Saturday, April 13, 2024

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

The second story in this this edition, by Agatha Christie, was so much fun. The ending, completely caught me off-guard! 

Poirot is once again on the scene when a sensational murder takes place. But Hastings is not and so Poirot must turn to Dr. Shepherd. As a doctor, he is intimately acquainted with the town's secrets. He knows Roger Ackroyd well enough to know that he was being blackmailed. He knows Ackroyd's love interest killed her husband and then killed herself. And he knows Ackroyd might know who else knows. Except Ackroyd ends up dead and that information does with him. Unless Poirot can solve the case!

I love reading Christie, although I never solve the mystery before its revealed, because I can just read and relax. I love being surprised by the ending and this one didn't fail to produce. 


No comments:

Post a Comment