Friday, February 10, 2012

The Touch by Randall Wallace

The Touch by Randall Wallace is a rare trip for me into the world of fiction. I was inspired to check it out after hearing the author on the radio discussing this book as well as his involvement in Secretariat and Braveheart. With such a stunning background, I knew I would not be disappointed.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really live up to the other two projects. While it's enjoyable and a relatively easy read, the story seemed somewhat predictable. Maybe it's the fact that I haven't been exposing myself to fiction for so long that I've become used to each non-fiction page revealing a new truth. Maybe it was just predictable.

Wallace tells the story of a gifted surgeon who abandons his gift after losing his most important patient. Since he  never again wants to experience the disillusionment, he restricts himself to teaching and research. An research opportunity of a lifetime is offered to him. The book tells of his journey through the process of redemption. It's uplifting and well written. I did enjoy it and would recommend it.

I'm just not gushing about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment