Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

To say I enjoyed this book, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, is to put it mildly. Another victory for "judging a book by its cover." Although this method doesn't always work, it worked this time. The big visual draw is the photo on the cover of a levitating girl. This inside of the book is filled with many more just like it. It's a feast for the eyes!

Onto the story. The author has taken these genuine photographs and weaved them into a fictional story. Every step kept me guessing and engaged. I found the plot interesting, the characters well-developed, and the conceit fascinating.

As a young boy, Jacob hears fantastic tales from his beloved grandfather of the peculiar children he knew as a boy. But Jacob loses faith in the old man as he begins to realize the stories simply cannot be true. However, one night,... Well, I won't give anything away, but I'd say it's a definitely read.

I'm depressed that I'm done with the book... I would love a sequel, but it could not be this good.

I'm including some of the internal photos. Brilliant and creepy!





No comments:

Post a Comment