Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Neoconservative Revolution by Murray Friedman

I read about half of The Neoconservative Revolution: Jewish Intellectuals and the Shaping of the Public Policy by Murray Friedman. I’m not sure where I got this recommendation. 

It was interesting to some extent. It traces the beginning of the modern conservative movement, specifically focusing on the Jewish involvement. Most of them moved from the communist-sympathizing far left, to anti-communist and eventually joining forces with the conservatives. Many were foundational in forming the intellectual roots of what we now recognize as standard conservative thought.

But I must admit, I had a hard time really getting into it. It had too many unfamiliar names and events. Too much inside baseball. After reading only half of the book by the time it was due back to the library, I was ok with giving it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment