Saturday, December 5, 2015

Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth

I started watching Call the Midwife on PBS because of numerous recommendations. I really enjoyed it. I cried every time a baby was born. So I decided to read the books (there's 3 of them) because of the mantra that the book is always better. 

In this case, I’m not sure it’s true. I can see a resemblance between the books and the stories on TV. It’s true that the book gives more details and goes deeper into certain stories. On the other hand, what is a little snippet in the book is turned into a bigger story in the show. So I guess there’s a balance between added stuff and stuff they took out. 

Either way, I liked the books, but I think seeing it visualized on the screen gave the TV show the edge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment